Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm Fearing Event Exhaust( my rating of Fear Itself so far)

        Why is it when one company starts an event, the other have to have one as well? This pushes readers to other minor companies…..wait a minute that don’t seem like a bad ideal. But all things aside, 4 issues into Fear Itself and I just want it to be over. I’m tired of the crossover banners on all my comics. It just make it seems so long. I’m all for the big ideals it brings but why must it involve everything. With Flashpoint and Fear Itself going on I feel exhausted. Click read more to further know my thoughts on Fear Itself.




       
        My major problem with Fear Itself is it too spread out. Why do hammer wielders receive their hammers in outside issues? I’m only buying the event series I’m not going to buy Ironman to see Gray Gargoyle get his hammer if I don’t already collect it. This plays into that that events is just to get an increase in sales versus to tell stories of epic proportions. I’m a college student I pick my comics very carefully because I live on a budget, I can’t just buy an add on comic for the complete story.
         Also I hate the token death. I love Bucky. Where in the Event law book do it say that someone either have to die or be reborn.  Just had to throw that little thought in there. 4 issues in I give this event a  6 out of 10. The next issues look promising however with the showdown between the Hulk and the Thing vs. Thor, and with the teaser of seem like this event could pick up. I was excited from the first issue and each issue it kept lowering and lowering. Let see if the race to The Worthy the end could pick it up.

2 comments:

The Ronin said...

I was starting to feel the same way, until I saw that picture of the Mighty and I kind of went "Oh shit, it is on now"

That said this event has been to slow with answers, 4 issues in and we only start finding out who the serpent is? Also in several tie in books it is implied everyone has "caught the fear" like the serpent can magically make everyone afraid, but the main book implies no such thing, it implies the Worthy's job is to make people afraid by killing people and blowing up stuff. Which is it?

Another issue with the tie in books they won't matter, or if they do matter then you have part of the story in the tie in books, its sucky either way.

And everyone is fighting juggernaut, there are like 7 worthy and juggernaut has simultaneously fought like 5 groups of super humans. That is frustrating, trying to get the time lines in order.

That said I am kind of a sucker for big events, and hopefully fear itself will pick up soon. Also the Avengers Academy tie in was great so far. They are using the event to really evolve the characters.

xknight2455 said...

Ya Same with the Thunderbolts Tie End. Well they made great with the Shadowland tie in as well so Thunderbolts is just well written in any situration. I feel like I have to get event even though I dont enjoy them as much as I would like.