Friday, June 24, 2011

Digital Comics vs Print

 IS this the Future of comics?
     There been a lot of talk about digital comics latly; especially more so now that Dc revealed that they going to have a fluent digital comic release once their universe relaunch happens in Septemeber. I have strong feelings against digital comics. I fear my opposition to it may be futile though. I may be what Vcr fans was to the Dvd player, or CD players to the Ipod. The more I think about it the more i realize print comics stand a chance. Dvd are superior to videos, Ipods are superior to cd player, but Digital is not superior to print. More after the jump...


        Its seems everything going digital these days, and im not one of those grouchy people who dont want things to change. I'm all for improvement, but digital isn't an improvement its an alternative. Digital isnt offering anything different from print. The only thing is you could read it on you laptop or Ipad. I enjoy reading something in my hand. Something i can hold, show, let someone borrow. That is also why i'm not a fan of E-readers. I buy the book thank you very much. There are many out there just like me, who rather have the physical item they purchase vs just data. This is why Print will never die, as long as its fans stay true.
      Im obligated as a writer to say some benefits of digital although I dont see many that is better than owning a physical copy. Well first off if you one of those people who hate long boxes and the space comic take up digital may be your savior. Or if your a techno freak who would die without your laptop or Ipad then digital is for you. Other than that im out of benefits. If you think of some write it in the comment section below.
     Things are always going to get more advance, more technical there no avoiding that. If print comic going to die(which i highly doubt), im going to hold on to it till it take it last breath. Right now Digital is just an alternative. When digital get exclusive comic books is when we should begin to worry.
O print comics, I love you.

1 comment:

Goodman Holiday said...

>When digital get exclusive comic books is when we should begin to worry.

Well technically, Marvel has produced a number of digital exclusives, though they make their way into print eventually. Archie has produced digital exclusives too, and has talked about a digital-only Reggie series. There are independent digital-only books. I'm pretty sure DC hasn't done any digital-only books though, and probably won't any time soon.