Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thor review!

       Now to start this review off, let me begin by saying Asgard was simply spectacular. I was a little worried how they would make it look, well nothing to be worried about. It blew my expectations out of  the water, more than out the water, it blew it out of the planet. I found myself wanting to see more of Asgard, to see more of where the lower asgardian class live. The Earth scenes are straight out of the comic. It reminded me of a recent issue of Thor. Nicely done on that part too.





      For the acting, everyone was greatly cast. Hemworth mastered the role, and certainly looked the part. There was never any out of characters moments, by saying that i mean no one said something or did something that wouldnt be said in the comic book. Loki was greatly cast as well.
     Now for the story, also great. Even for those who arent comic book fans, or dont think this movie will relate, it will. If you examine the story on a deeper level, its about Loki wanting his father Odin approval and respect and he begins to get jealous as he see that Thor is the one who seems  to be look apond more proudly.Even when he discovered he actually kin to the frost giants, his ultimate goal was to show his father that he was worthy to be King. So i heard that many people wanted more Earth scenes,  I think the time on Earth and Asgard was split equally. The earth scenes seem more for comic relief than for progressing the story along(which is not a bad thing). The cameo and brief apperance of Hawkeye was a nice treat for comic book fans. He grabbing the bow and arrow over the gun was nice. I would have been sastified with just that, but we got a little more. Thank you marvel for that, I love Hawkeye; and Jeremy Renner seems like he would make a good Clint, just yet to see his sense of humor.
      The action sequences was good as well,  it was just what I expected going in to it. Nothing super eye popping, although it always looked beautiful and was just eye candy.
      Its no surprise i highly enjoyed this movie. It was about two hours but still felt too quick. I was really attracted to this world. I have nothing but compliments for it. The only negative i have i wish they would have develop an attraction between Thor and Sif as they did with Thor and Jane Foster, just to make his love life a little more interesting. But that was a small thing. This was a wonderful attempt of introducing Thor into the mainstream movie world. Mission accomplished, one more to go to the Avengers. Captain America dont let me down.  For my score i give this movie about Thor Odinson a 9.5 out of 10.

No comments: