Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Batman And Robin, Best Batman comic out Currently?

     The Dc comic series Batman and Robin is amazing. It one of my most prized collections. If i had to chose between that and some other comic because i only have enough to get one more, Batman and Robin is surely to be my pick. Like many, its obvious im a huge fan of Batman, but it come a surprise to me that  my favorite series is the one without Bruce Wayne, and that my favorite Batman character ever is Damien. I believe Damien is the reason why I, and many other enjoy this comic so much. Read more after the jump on reasons why this comic maybe one of the best Batman title out there.....no best comic out there currently.
     Like i stated in the intro the first reason why this comic is so great is the inclusion of Damien Wayne(Bruce Wayne son for those of you who dont know). He a fresh new character, and pretty much a clean slate. He quickly turned into one of my favorite characters because he essentially just a ten year old badass who kicks ass. The first issue of Batman and Robin was my first exposure to him and it left a great taste in my mouth. Its like the first time i tried Pizza when i was a kid, I was addicted and now im addicted to this character. Then the issue where he locked himself in the room with Joker and beat him with a pipe,that just settled it im in love with this character. Im curious where he going to be at in a couple of years in the Dc universe. I wouldnt be surprised if he get his own series down the line, he getting really popular.
     Second reason this comic may be the best is the writers and the new creative characters they make for the stories. This is perhap the start of a rogue gallery for Dick and Damien that could rival Bruce Waynes. We all know Grant Morrison is a master of Batman stories so his 16 issue run is probably going to be my favorite of this series. He started and set the tone for what this comic should be like. Peter Tomasi is also a great addition to this comic. I highly enjoyed the White Knight arc. It was interesting i just wished it would have went on longer.Also I think the Red hood is handle best in this series. Im waiting for an extended interaction between him and Damien.
    I can write on and on about this, but to keep it short; Batman and Robin is one of the best comics on stands today, if you havent read it go out and buy the trades. You really would be rewarded with great stories. Damien Wayne is a character that is sure to peak your interst and these stories are unique and guranteed to be different froom anything you ever read before. So that why it my favorite Batman comic, remember to leave a comment and keep coming back weekly for more posts on comics.

No comments: