Sunday, September 25, 2011

Quick Review-9-21

I only picked up three comics this week, all of which I thought was pretty good. One of those was pretty controversial. First lets take a look at this Fear Itself Preview.


Yeah pretty cliche way to end an event, the power-up at the last moment to defeat the villian. Remind me of how Power Rangers did every other battle. It just hard to feel anything for this event anymore. Maybe I should have just collected Spider Island instead. Well on to the reviews after the jump.
ThunderBolts 163.1- I didn’t even think Marvel was still doing the .1 issues, but anytime I can get an extra issue of Thunderbolts is a good thing. I really enjoyed this issue. It showed what was going on with Ghost, Songbird, and Luke Cage while the rest of the team is back in time. This issue did a nice job with Songbird characterization. I really liked that they focused that no matter who came and went she was always on the team. Also reopening her relationship with Zemo seems like an awesome ideal. This issue was fun. This series have been fun. I jumped on at 144 and I never looked back. I give this issue a 8.5.


Batman 1- I’m sure you already know this issue was great, great introduction to what is to come and great shock at the end, which I’m positive is just a false alarm, but still it threw me off guard. I really enjoyed the scene with Bruce, Damien, Dick, and Tim was in their suits heading to the party. How come Batgirl never invited. Is she not as close? I always wondered. But no exception if you look to get into Batman this issue is a must. A 9.5 out of 10.
Catwoman 1- This have been a very controversial issue. Many reviews on it criticized it for it overuse of t and A shots, and the end of the issue of Batman and Catwoman having sex. Well I always viewed Catwoman  as a sex symbol so this issue wasn’t much of a shock. Yes this may be the type of comic little boys hide under there mattress but it have a story in there if you actually focus instead of completely disregarding it because you’re a little uncomfortable with the imagery. This was not a great issue but it was as bad as every other reviewer made it seem. I give it a 7 out of 10.




Thanks for reading, remember come back daily, i'm going to start having top 5 covers of the week every tuesday. So spread the word of my blog and comment yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sex scene was a little unexpecting, but if it help progress the story in the long run, i'm okay with it.

The Ronin said...

Oh Fear Itself, you held so much potential and wasted so much of it.

On the plus side both JiM Fear Itself tie ins and the Avengers Academy tie ins are AWESOME.