Monday, September 19, 2011

Cable is Back; and quick reviews for 9-14-11

So Marvel next mini event is going to see the return of Cable and is entitled Cable X-sanction. It must be one of the ways Marvel is planning to give the X-men side of the universe more importance. Well I like Cable as a character, but I have a feeling I’m not going to like this event, just a gut feeling. However can’t judge until I read.  But not let’s get on to it, its another quick review of the comics I picked up. I so let’s start with DC.



Green Lantern 1- I never was a regular reader of Green Lantern, so I’m perfect to look at this through the eyes of a new reader. Well through these eyes I was lost. Why do Sinestro have Hal Jordan ring, and better yet why didn’t this issue explain it being a number 1. That was a big problem when it came to this issue. Other than that I enjoyed seeing Hal Jordan struggle in everyday life without his power. Another highlight was Sinestro even though he back to a green lantern he still the cruel warrior he always been. I have to give this issue a 6.5 out of 10 just because I didn’t understand certain aspects of the issue. I would have really enjoyed a recap page.



Batman and Robin 1- I love the previous runs on Batman and Robin, one of my favorite Dc comics. The Dynamics between Damien and Dick was something I was interested and entertained by. Now it’s no longer Dick in the costume but back to good old Bruce Wayne.  Damien and Bruce bicker back and forth in this issue which was caused  by; Bruce don’t like how Damien do things and it seems Damien perception of what he thought Bruce was as Batman was off. Damien never looked at Bruce as a sentimental being, so the fact that Bruce was going back to where his parents died made him lose respect for his father, for the man who supposed to strike fear in people hearts. I like to see how their relationship changes as time go on. It was a good issue, could have been better.  I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Fear Itself 6- The penultimate issue of this event. I must say it’s about time. I was excited at the beginning, bored in between and now I just want it over so Marvel can move on with better stories. There are a couple of things I disliked about this issue. Why did Spiderman selfishly leave the battlefield to check up on Aunt May. I can’t help but to think of all the people he probably passed up on helping to find her. Another thing is Captain America being so pessimistic. Since when do Captain America think its fine to give up. Then to double around and form a militia with regular people with guns. Wouldn’t it made sense just to keep people with powers around you, instead of these people who is most likely going to be killed easily by the Worthy. Thor couldn’t handle them why would human with guns stand a chance. Last I want a full story, I’m not going to buy Ironman to know about the weapons he created that would clearly be the way the odds are overcomed. Something of that significance should be in the main book. I give this issue a 4 out of 10.

Uncanny X-force 15- This is my comic book of the week. It focused on Fantomex, Deadpool, and Deathlok. Remender is a great writer because he made it work. I was never interested in Fantomex until now. This is the best monthly comic Marvel is putting out right now. The art is great, the story progressives and the suspense is built. What more can you ask for. I didn’t even miss Wolverine at all in this issue. I said it before and will continue to say it. Collect and read this series, it may be the best Remender ever wrote. This  issue gets a 8.5 out of 10.

1 comment:

Jon Q. Citizen said...

I've only read one issue of the X-Men franchise in my life, but I've noticed that they have survived and thrived quite well without having to be involved at all with the the "greater" Marvel U. They have their own events, and rarely cross paths with the Avengers....yet they just keep going and succeeding! Cable is just another example of that. Kudos to Marvel for letting The X-Men do their thing!!

I've heard a lot of people share your frustrations with GL #1. I've read it since 2005, so know all the background...but you would think they would have spent 1 page saying, "Hey, Hal lost the ring, Sinestro's wearing it, and here's why..."

I've also heard a lot of people sharing your frustrations with the Fear Itself event. I think a lot of fans are getting "event-ed" out. Financially and just because I think the anticipation-tank is running on empty. DC, Marvel!! Slow it down a little...you don't have to have events every other month...they STOP BEING EVENTS when you do that!