Sunday, September 11, 2011

Quick reviews for 9-7-11

Yeah I was kind of like that.
     First off I apologize for my long absence, I was locked up in a containment center because my mutant gene. Long story short I escaped and burn the place down. So I’m going to start doing quick shot reviews of the comics I buy each week. Some weeks I may give some comic their own post because how bad or good it is but more often it is going to be quick reviews. It gets to the point fast and easy and let you know if you should buy it or not, because we all know our time is valuable… Alright let’s get started with Marvel.





Thunderbolts 163- It well known that I love this series, I love the characters, I love the concept I love the art, I love the writing. With that said I didn’t love this issue but it was still a great one. My biggest fault with this issue is simply I didn’t like that they went back to WW2 time. Punching Nazi is great and Moonstone costume change was really a great moment, I’m just tired of the WW2 era.  Just to keep visiting that era in comics is shooting a dead horse. However despite that, the dialogue was great, Santana had some stand out moments and I’m really interested in what is to become of Man-Thing. I give it 8.5 Out of 10.
That was pretty much the only Marvel thing I got this week. Now for DC(I’m also going to review Justice league from last week.
Justice league 1-I must say not much happen in Justice League. It was more of just a reintroduction to the characters that we already know. It was nice to see Batman and Hal play off each other. That was the highlight of the issue for me. I feel like we going how to go through these type of interactions for a couple of more issue before we see which villain is going to be the first threat that require the union of the justice league. The art was great I might add, but that’s no surprise. I give it 7 out of 10.
          Detective comics 1- I was not planning on picking this up but I looked at the last page in my comic shop and well I was drawn in. The Batman in this issue is the same Batman that we used too. His relationship with the police force seems to be back at the beginning but that only bound to make things more interesting.  Joker is Joker, which is a good thing. This new villain caught my attention by a great amount. I’m not going to spoil anything but the last page got me to buy the first issue and is the reason I’m going to get issue two.   I give it 8.5 out of 10.

Batwing 1-   This one was my wild card; I wasn’t sure how this would do. I trust Judd Winick as a writer but I didn’t think he could pull it off. I was wrong. I highly enjoyed this comic. I would say it was my favorite comic of the week. It was a great introduction to David Zimvimbe as Batwing. We got a feel for the character and how his environment is different from Gothem city. Massacre is a villain I’m not sure have many layers, but we got to wait and see. The art was amazing; I love comics where I could take any panel and make a poster out of it. The negative is that it got a little confusing. The beginning sequence was what was happening currently and the rest of the issue was a flashback but we never went back to the original moment. Since the last page already took place then where David currently is, it lacks much gravitas that it could have. Other than that this was my favorite comic of the week. I give it 9 out of 10.
Well thats concludes my quick review, I did not pick up Action comics but from disscusing with people who read it, It didnt disappoint. So remember keep coming back and spread the word of my blog.

2 comments:

George S. said...

Reminds me of when I was starting out :D

BTW, love your intro so hard. Why can't I have crazy adventures like you?

xknight2455 said...

YOu could, but it not as much fun as you think.